Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Month Four Post-Op

During Week 14, on Day 93 post-op, I had a minor complication during my morning dilation. At this point I am still in the transition phase from the smaller purple dilator to the larger blue dilator. After completing my dilation session and removing the blue dilator, all seemed well until I began clean up. I noticed a sizable amount of blood on the tissues I typically use to absorb KY lube that drools out from the vaginal canal when I stand up. Something inside my vaginal canal is bleeding. It was not a serious bleed, but not an amount of bleeding I've experienced since the first couple weeks post-op. The bleeding slowly continued for at least 5 hours. I contacted the surgeon's office and was emailed by the surgeon. It's apparently a very common complication and nothing to worry about. "Granulation tissue" is a common problem in healing wounds and can cause painless bleeding and often takes longer to heal than typical wounds. Following my second dilation of the day, there was significantly less blood. Although it kinda freaked me out that I was bleeding three months after surgery, at least it's normal. I can handle some blood... annoying, but I'm okay with it. The following morning (Day 94), after completing my dilation, there was absolutely no bleeding at all. On Day 96 there was some minor bleeding after my morning dilation. There has been no bleeding since. During Week 15, on Day 101, I began to stop using the purple dilator during my dilations. My vagina has stretched and adapted enough to allow for the larger blue dilator to be used entirely on its own. For the next two months I will use only the blue dilator, and then attempt leveling up again to the even larger green dilator. As of Week 16, I am now able to sit upright normally, even on hard solid surfaces. I also stopped using my Spironolactone entirely and have not seen any resurgence of problems with greasy oily skin, hair or body odor issues. During Month One I had stopped using the testosterone blocker Spironolactone and there was a sudden resurgence of some issues with my face and scalp oils, acne and body odor. For the previous decade, while on the medicine, I had ceased having those problems. I decided to rather than drop the medication cold turkey, I'd reduce the dosages over time and wean myself off. This seems to have worked. I'd recommend post-ops not drop their testosterone blocking medications cold turkey and instead gradually reduce the dosages as testosterone in the body is still lingering some time after surgery. The last of the bills have been reprocessed by my insurance, bringing the total amount billed by the hospital to $263,000. I have so far only paid $106 out of pocket. The numbness noticed during Month Three in areas on the exterior genitalia, the clitoral hood and labias persists now a month later. The clitoris and the ability to orgasm are still fully functional, including the ability to physically ejaculate prostate fluids.

1 comment:

  1. Its good to hear that things are mostly on the mend and you can get used to your new body.

    ReplyDelete