Sunday, June 9, 2019

Month Nine Post-Op

I'll be posting new updates less frequently as there is less news to update on.

Things are going well. I met again with Dr. Ting on month eight and everything is fine. I previously mentioned I was stuck for the time being using the blue dilator because I cannot fit the thicker green dilator inside. It seems I will be sticking with the blue dilator from this point on, unable to go larger. I am still having issues with urination. I last posted about how urine tends to spray a bit, making using the bathroom a little messy. I dangle a folded up piece of toilet paper in front of the stream to catch strays. This is something that will have to be cosmetically revised with a second procedure to fix. Personally, it's more of an inconvenience to me than anything else. Not a problem, but I'll get around to that one day. I've been trying to get myself back in shape, but lower body workouts, particularly things like squats, can feel a little awkward in the crotch. I'm not sure if it's just the new arrangement I have to get used to or if I still need some more time before I engage in exercises that are strenuous on the muscle groups down there. I try not to strain too hard when using weights for leg exercises. Hiking, jogging, running and using machines like ellipticals are good for now. It's finally nearing summer and I'm excited for bikini season. This will be the first time I can confidently wear a swimsuit. No more tucking! No more bulges! No more baggy board shorts! I've finally been able to begin toning down the frequency of dilation. I now do it twice a day. In the morning, I only use the smallest purple dilator, and then at night I use the purple followed by the larger blue dilator. The purple is basically used for warm up stretching. Hopefully in the coming months I'll be able to drop to once a day. This dilating thing can get tedious after a while.

2 comments:

  1. Its great to hear positive progress from you. After my 2 surgeries I have had to deal with "dribbling" issues. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete